MBC Weekly Update 11.14.21
Sermon Recap for 11/7/2021:
Title: Pursuing Sanctified Sexuality
Passage: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
Reminder of God’s call to sanctified sexuality
- 1 Thessalonians 4:1–3
What is sexual immorality?
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- Porneia— “any form of illicit sexual behavior. Any sexual activity that deviates from the monogamous relationship between a husband and wife is immoral by God’s standard.” John MacArthur
How do I abstain from sexual immorality?
- Desire a Greater Pleasure — To Know, Worship, and Love God
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4-6
- Mark 7:20-23
- Love People
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4-6
- Utilize God’s Resources
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4
- Practice the Put Off and Put On Principle
- Colossians 3: 5,7–8,12,14
- Participate in Accountable Community
- Galatians 6:1-2
- Prayerfully Walk by the Spirit
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4–8
- Galatians 5:16,22-23a
It was great to see everyone this past Wednesday for Family Meal Night! Even a collapsing table couldn’t squash the fun and fellowship we had while enjoying a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with all the trappings! Special thanks go to:
- Kim Lewis for making his delicious ice cream (Who knew “Cow Tracks” could be so delicious?)
- Oma Randall for making the pumpkin spice cookies
- Noah Diggs for sharing some of his pumpkin spice macarons! (Noah has his own baking business. If you’re interested in utilizing any of his talents this holiday season, be sure to let him know!)
- Linda Pullen, Darlene Hardy, Linda Lowry, Karen Evans, Rachel Staalsen, Elizabeth Reynolds, Cathy & Gary Spurlock, and all the others who helped prepare and serve the meal
- Sue Hunt, Mike Hogue, and Heather & Jeremy Boyce for helping with all the set up and clean up
You all make serving the Lord fun!!!
Shout out to all the ladies who took a chance and “rolled the dice” at our MBC Women’s BUNCO event last Saturday night! Congrats to Jennifer Fryar–our big winner–and Erin Roberts–who won a prize for being the biggest loser! We hope to have this event again sometime early in the new year! Special thanks to those who donated items for our prize baskets including Kellie Gilbert, Mary Wyrtzen, Paula Martin, Leah Austin, Michelle Rose, and Linda BeVier. Check out the Women of MBC Facebook page to get the recipes for some of the delicious treats we devoured! Not a member of the Women of MBC Facebook page??? Request to join through Facebook and I’ll add you ASAP!
Remember! If you have questions you would like Pastor Matt to answer as part of this sermon series on Sanctified Sexuality, please send them to us! You can text them anonymously to 254-655-5424, or email them to me by clicking here.
After over seven months of training, our second class of MBC Into His Presence Mental Health Coaches graduates this Sunday, November 14th! While coaches are not counselors, they do function as mentors and listeners. They are also careful to refer those who need more professional services out for help. Please let us know how MBC’s Into His Presence Mental Health Coaching ministry can come alongside you to help meet your needs for mental health support. Click here to contact the church office to find out how you can be paired up with a mental health coach for free.
Manna House Angel Tree
Join us as we partner with Manna House to bless families with children in need this Christmas! Pick up an Angel Tree tag from the display in the Hub starting Sunday, November 21st. Make sure to have your gifts back to the church by Wednesday, December 8th. Click here to contact Mary Curry for more information about Manna House’s Angel Tree ministry.
Church Office Holiday Closure
Church offices will be closed November 22-27th in honor of Thanksgiving. If you have an emergency, and need to contact one of the pastors or staff, please email the church office by clicking here.
Venus Prison Ministry
A team of individuals and families will pack Christmas gift bags for the offenders at the Sanders Estes Correctional Facility on Saturday, December 18th starting at 9am. Mark your calendars now and join us for this fun, family Christmas activity. Click here to contact Bill Curry for more information about the Venus Prison Ministry.
MBC Men are beginning a new Wednesday night Bible study on Genesis! Join leader Brent Johnson and other men for a time of Bible study and sharing Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8pm.
Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope to see you all on Sunday!
In service to Him and to you!