Good afternoon, MBC Friends and Family!
If you were participating in the live-stream of our service yesterday, you probably noticed that the sermon cut off abruptly. It wasn’t you or your computer! It was a problem with our internet provider. Sherri Hatcher, our IT administrator, has already started working to fix this recurring issue, and thankfully Ryan was able to piece a complete service together, so you wouldn’t have to miss the end of Matt’s message–“Growing in the Church.” Click here or copy and paste the link below into your browser window to watch the service in its entirety:
More information of note–
There’s an app for that!
- Next Sunday, we will be launching a new resource for you to use–our own MBC custom app! From this app, you will be able to view sermons, give online, see our church-wide calendar, receive updates and texts, and much more! You can wait until Sunday, but if you want to get a jump on the rest of the congregation, go download the app now! Search the App Store or Google Play on your phone for “Midlothian Bible Church” and try it out! We think you’re going to love it!
- Remember to go to our website and click on the “Resources” tab to download materials to help you celebrate the Advent season with your family!
- Next Sunday, December 2nd, is the last Sunday we will be distributing tags for those who want to participate in Manna House’s Angel Tree project. Please return your unwrapped items no later than Wednesday, December 6th!
- Donate unwanted or unused Christmas cards to the Venus Prison Ministry for offenders to use to send Christmas messages to their families. Leave your cards in the church office and I will get them to Bill Curry! If you want to help assemble gift bags for the 1100 inmates at the Sanders Estes Correctional Facility in Venus, join us in the high school room at 9am on Saturday morning, December 19th. Click here to let me know if you’re planning to come!
- December 16th will be the last time Wednesday evening groups will meet in 2020. All groups will resume on January 9th at 6:15pm. There are some great new studies starting in the new year! We hope you will be able to join one!
- The church office will be closed Monday, December 21st through Sunday, January 4th.
- Our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service will be Thursday, December 24th at 5:30pm. Mark your calendars now for this family-friendly service!
- PRAISE!!! Thank you for praying for Zeke’s mom! At last update, she was doing somewhat better! However, please remember to keep the Law family in your prayers, as well as all of those still struggling with COVID right now.
Enjoy the sunshine on this beautiful afternoon and remember that even though Thanksgiving is formally over, it is still… “a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord and to sing praises unto Thy name, O most High” (Psalm 92:1 KJV)!
In service to Him and to you,